- ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign launched in Haryana
- Haryana Chief Minister launched the ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign, aimed at increasing the green cover in the state.
- Under this campaign, 22 lakh students from class 6 to 12 of all government and private schools in Haryana will plant a sapling each during three months of the monsoon – July, August and September.
- The CM launched the ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign by planting a ‘maulsari’ sapling in the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex premises of Gurgaon.
- They can name the plant according to their likes, maybe after the name of great personalities of the country, freedom fighters or after the name of any of their family members or their ancestors.
- Every student planting a sapling will have to take care of it for the next three years.
- In every six months, the student is required to upload his selfie with his or her plant on the App and he or she will be given an incentive of Rs 50 in every six months from the government.
- Thus, the student will get Rs 300 in the next three years for looking after a sapling planted by him or her.
Source- Business Standard
- India became regional head of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organisation
- India took over as head of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO).
- Delegates from 33 countries of Asia-Pacific Region and customs officers from different ports in India are participating in the day-long event which includes Heads of Customs from Japan and Fiji, and senior officials from Korea, Singapore and China.
World Customs Organization (WCO)
- It is an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
- WCO represents 182 customs administrations across the world that collectively process approximately 98 Percent of world trade.
- The WCO has divided its membership into six regions whereby each region is represented by an elected vice-chairperson to the WCO Council.
- Being the Vice-Chair of Asia Pacific Region of WCO will enable India to take on the leadership role.
- The Goals of the WCO-
(a) Ensure growth by securing and promoting economic competitiveness.
(b) Promote fair, efficient, and effective Revenue collection
(c) Promote information exchange between all stakeholders etc.
- PM Modi launched several development projects in Mirzapur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the Bansagar Canal Project to the Nation in Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh.
- This project will provide a big boost to irrigation in the region and will be greatly beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The total canal network under it is 171 km long.
- Canals will bring waters from Shahdol district in Madhya Pradesh for Adwa Barrage, Meza Dam and Jirgo reservoir.
- It is a multipurpose river Valley Project on Sone River situated in the Ganges Basin in Madhya Pradesh, India with both irrigation and 435 MW of hydroelectric power generation.
- The bansagar Dam project is a joint venture of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Son River of central India is the second largest of the Ganges’ southern tributaries after Yamuna River.
- The Son originates near Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh.
Every day counts.... Don't waste time.... Prepare With Toppers Be a Part of GATE-IES-PSUs 2018-2019 Success Journey
Source- DD News
- Scientists discovered a new source of neutrinos in space
- Neutrinos – extremely light, ghostly particles that barely interact with matter – have so far only been observed originating from supernovae (exploding stars) and the sun.
- Now a giant detector at the South Pole has discovered that a “blazar”, a galaxy with a supermassive black hole at its centre, also produce neutrinos.
- A neutrino is a subatomic particle that is very similar to an electron but has no electrical charge and a very small mass, which might even be zero.
- Neutrinos are one of the fundamental particles which make up the universe.
- These are only particle other than gravitational waves that can zip through the universe at speeds very close to that of light.
- The largest nuclear reactor that most life on earth derives energy from is the sun.
- Like all nuclear reactors, in addition to giving out energy, the sun also emits neutrinos.
- There are three types of neutrinos differing based on mass, these are-
(a) Electron neutrinos (ve)
(b) Muon neutrinos(vu)
(c) tau neutrinos(vT)
Source- Down To Earth
- Nepal’s Muktinath Temple
- Nepal’s Muktinath is a sacred place for the Hindus and Buddhists.
- The famous Muktinath temple is situated in the Annapurna mountain range in Mustang district of Nepal.
- It is one of the most ancient temples of Lord Vishnu.
- The Hindus call it Mutki Kshetra, the place of salvation.
- The Muktinath temple is considered as one of the 108 Divya Desam or holy places of worship Lord Vishnu. It is also one of the 51 Shaktipeeth.
- The uniqueness of the temple is that Buddhist nuns look after the temple and they conduct worship.
Source- DD News
- Golden jackal faces threat in its habitat
- Destruction of mangrove cover in the Bandar Reserve Forest is forcing the golden jackal out of its habitat, triggering a conflict with the local communities.
- The conservation status of the animal is the ‘least concern’ and it preys on wild crab and fish.
- Golden Jackal are mainly found in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh Rajasthan and Haryana.
Source- The Hindu
- India unveiled the world’s largest visa centre in Bangladesh
- Indian Home Minister inaugurated the world’s largest state-of-the-art visa centre in Dhaka with modern facilities, promising shorter waiting times for applicants.
- Bangladeshis constitute one of the largest numbers of visitors from a single country to India.
Source- Economic Times
Notification Out - PSU Through GATE 2019 - Click On Links
- NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- MDL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- HPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- MAHATRANSCO Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- PSTCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- NPCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- VIZAG Steel Recruitment Through GATE 2019