15 October Important Posts (Click On Post To Read)
1. PM Modi leaves for Sochi for informal summit with Putin
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has left on a day-long visit to Russia to hold an informal summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi.
- The two leaders will primarily focus on global and regional issues, including the impact of the U.S. decision to withdraw from a nuclear deal with Iran and the International North South Transportation Corridor connecting Mumbai with St Petersburg via Iran.
- The Prime Minister Modi and Putin would also discuss issues like the situation in Afghanistan and Syria and the threat of terrorism.
2. India 6th wealthiest country with total wealth of 8,230 Billion USD
- According to the AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review, India is the sixth wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of 8,230 billion US dollars.
- The US is the wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of 62,584 billion dollars.
- China stood at the second place with 24,803 billion dollars, while Japan is at the third place with 19,522 billion dollars.
- Globally, the total private wealth held worldwide amounts to around 215 trillion US Dollars.
- There are about 5.84 lakh multi-millionaires in the world.
- Total wealth refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each country.
- Global wealth is expected to rise by 50% over the next decade, reaching 321 trillion dollars by 2027.
3. India decides to include Artificial Intelligence in its defense forces
- India has decided to include Artificial Intelligence in its defense forces with an aim to enhance the operational preparedness of the armed forces.
- According to the Defence Secretary (Production) Ajay Kumar, A task force has been set up under the chairmanship of Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran to finalize the specifics and framework of the project.
- Artificial Intelligence is going to influence everything in the future, including the warfare.
- Most of the major countries in the world are taking steps to ensure that their defense systems are fully empowered by the use of Artificial Intelligence.
4. Anti-Terrorism Day being observed today
- The Anti -Terrorism Day is observed on 21 May every year in our country to make the people aware of anti-social act of terrorism and its impact on human suffering and lives.
- 0n 21 May,1991 the seventh Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was killed in Tamil Nadu in a campaign by the terrorist and then, V.P. Singh government has decided to observe 21st May as Anti-Terrorism Day.
5. Russia unveils world’s 1st floating nuclear power station
- Russia has unveiled the world’s first floating nuclear power station at a ceremony in the port of the far northern city of Murmansk.
- It will be primarily used to power oil rigs as Russia pushes further north into the Arctic to drill for oil and gas and needs electricity in far-flung locations.
- The Akademik Lomonosov arrived in Murmansk where it was moored in the port and presented to the media.
- The ship (144 by 30 metre) holds two reactors with two 35 megawatt nuclear reactors that are similar to those used to power icebreaker ships.
6. Rajinder Singh named Hockey India president
- Rajinder Singh (Senior Vice President of HI) named president of Hockey India (HI), following Mariamma Koshy’s resignation from the post.
- “Ms Mariamma Koshy has contributed to Indian Hockey over the last two decades (from November 2016).
- Earlier, Mr. Singh was the Treasurer of HI and currently serves as the Treasurer of Hockey Jammu & Kashmir.
- Hockey India (HI) is the governing body of field hockey in India, formed after Indian Hockey Federation was dismissed in 2008 by IOA.
7. Anil Kumar Jha appointed CMD Of Coal India
- Anil Kumar Jha has been appointed as the chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of Coal India Limited till 31 January 2020.
- Mr. Jha (CMD of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd.) had replaced Coal Ministry’s Additional Secretary ‘Suresh Kumar’.
- The Coal India Limited (CIL) is an Indian state-controlled coal mining company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
8. Dutch PM Mark Rutte to visit India on May 24-25
- The Prime Minister of Netherlands ‘Mark Rutte’ will visit India on May 24 and 25 with an aim to boost economic and political cooperation between the two countries.
- It will be Rutte’s second visit to India since June 2015 (first after re-elected Prime Minister in 2017).
- Around 231 business delegates representing 130 firms had registered to join the trade mission accompanying Rutte.
9. NABARD sanctions solar street lighting system in Arunachal Pradesh
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned LED Solar Street Lighting system for Arunachal Pradesh with a total grant of Rs 87.83 lakh (under its Rural Infrastructure Development Fund).
- The project would be implemented in the four districts of the state Tirap, Longding, Namsai and Tawang.
10. Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda wins Cannes’ top award
- The Japanese family drama ‘Shoplifters’ has received the coveted award for best film, the Palme d’Or, at the 71st Cannes Film Festival.
- Poland’s Pawel Pawlikowski won the best director award for his love story ‘Cold War’.
- Little-known Italian actor Marcello Fonte won the best actor for his role as a hapless cocaine-dealing dog groomer who faces down a thug in ‘Dogman’.
- The Best actress award went to Samal Yeslyamova for Kazakh writer-director Sergey Dvortsevoy’s “Ayka.”
- A special Palme d’Or was awarded to French-Swiss Jean-Luc Godard for the film ‘Image Book’.
11. Nadal edges Zverev to win Italian Open 2018
- Spanish professional tennis player ‘Rafa Nadal’ has won the annual tennis tournament Italian Open 2018.
- Nadal beat defending champion Alexander Zverev 6-1 1-6 6-3
- By winning the title, Nadal regained the ATP no. 1 singles ranking from Roger Federer.
- The Italian Open is an annual tennis tournament held in Rome, Italy.
- Rafael Nadal has won the title a record eight-time.
12. South Korea wins 5th Asian Champions Trophy 2018
- South Korea has lifted the Asian Champions Trophy 2018 for the third time after having won it in 2010 and 2011.
- The Indian women’s Hockey team lost to hosts South Korea (0-1) in the summit clash and failed to defend its crown at the fifth Asian Champions Trophy at Donghae City.
- Indian striker Vandana Katariya was declared player of the tournamentwhile youngster Lalremsiami was named as the upcoming player of the tournament.
- The 2018 Asian Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy is the 5th edition of the Asian Hockey Champions Trophy for women held in Donghae City.
- The top five Asian teams (China, India, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia) has participated in the tournament which involves round-robin league among all teams followed by play-offs for final positions.
Notification Out - PSU Through GATE 2019 - Click On Links
- NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- MDL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- HPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- MAHATRANSCO Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- PSTCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- NPCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- VIZAG Steel Recruitment Through GATE 2019