BARC ME 2018 Analysis
Highlights of Day 1 Exam:
- BARC ME day 1 paper was moderate but bit lengthy
- Formula-based questions similar to the GATE pattern
- Although paper cannot be termed as tough but still scoring was not easy as time plays the important role. So candidates must be selective while solving questions
Highlights of Day 2 Exam:
- BARC ME 2018 Day 2 exam level was easy to a moderate level where speed and accuracy to solve questions played the major role.
- Most of the questions were time-consuming numericals which were although easy.
- More questions from thermal HT R&AC AND SM TOM
- Around 5 -7 questions were repeated from GATE and ISRO previous year papers.
- FM & RAC were relatively easier than those from SOM, EM, Basic Thermodynamics & Applied Thermodynamics, TOM etc.
- No.of questions from Industrial engineering, Machine design, Production were less as expected.
- Example question in ony 2 are:
- Find convective acceleration with Vx= 5yt^2, Vy=0, t=5 sec
- In vcrs cycle saturated vapours occurs at
Entry of compressor
Entry of condenser
Exit of expansion valve
Highlights of Day 3 Exam:
- BARC ME exam 2018 for Day 3 was again an easy to moderate paper which focussed primarily on the numericals.
- From the set of 100 questions, 40 easy questions were evident from mostly from SOM, RAC, Industrial etc.
- Questions from Thermodynamics, HMT and FM were lengthy but easy.
- candidates who focussed on question-solving accuracy instead of the no.of question have a good chance of clearing exam
|Thermodynamics||20 questions with
|manufacturing||7-9 questions 10|
Highlights of Day 4 Exam
- Day 4 for BARC ME exam seemed the hardest among all 4 days of exam.
- Questions were conceptual and too long which made the level seems a bit higher than GATE
- More questions from Thermo, FM, SOM, RAC and Heat transfer.
- Few questions were picked from GATE previous year papers.
Notification Out - PSU Through GATE 2019 - Click On Links