In this article we are sharing the ESE 2019 Notes of Current Issues – Day 01 , candidates are requested to read the article.
ESE 2019 Notes : General Studies And Engineering Aptitude
Exam – ESE 2019
Stage – Prelims Stage 01
Paper Code – ESE GS&EA
Topic – ESE 2019 Notes Current Issues
Sub Topic – ESE 2019 Notes Economy And Industrial Development
ESE 2019 Notes FINANCIAL MARKETS
1. “Jan DhanDarshak”
- Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC) has jointly developed a mobile app called Jan DhanDarshak as a part of Financial Inclusion (FI) initiative.
- This app will act as a guide for the common people in locating a financial service at a touch point at a given location in the country.
2. Electoral Bond
- An Electoral Bond is just like a promissory note that will be payable to bearer on demand and free of interest. It can be purchased by a citizen of India or anybody incorporated in India.
- Electoral bonds will allow donors to pay political parties using banks as an intermediary.
- Benefits of an Electoral bond:
- Transparent political funding
- Protecting donors from harassment
- No disclosure of information to third parties
- Achieving Digital India vision
- Bringing donations under tax preview
- Electoral Bonds can be purchased by citizens of India only. An individual can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals. The bonds can be encashed by an eligible political party only through a bank
account with the authorized bank.
- Electoral Bonds are valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue. If the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period, no payment is made to any Political Party. The bonds are issued in multiples of 1000, 10000, 1lakh, 10 lakh, 1 crore. The cash donation has been capped at Rs. 2000 and beyond that donations are via electoral bonds.
3. ‘NSE goBID’
The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has launched an app and web-based platform, ‘NSE goBID’, for retail investors to buy government securities.