IIT Roorkee Successfully conducted Mechanical Engineering Paper GATE 2017 Paper today. The paper was conducted in 2 shifts i.e shift 1 (Morning Shift/Forenoon Shift) 9:00 AM to 12:00 P.M and Shift 2 (Afternoon Shift) 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M.
The GATE 2017 exam paper code for mechanical engineering is ME. Here we are providing you the all sets question paper and their solution in pdf format. GATE 2017 Mechanical Engineering exam was held on 04th February 2017 and 05th February 2017.
Every day counts.... Don't waste time.... Prepare With Toppers Be a Part of GATE-IES-PSUs 2018-2019 Success Journey
Note : Made Easy Updated SET 2 Solution
GATE 2017 EXAM
|GATE 2017 Question Paper SET 1 – ME|
|GATE 2017 Answer Key SET 1 – ME|
|GATE 2017 Question Paper SET 2- ME|
|GATE 2017 Answer Key SET 2 : ME|
|GATE 2018 Syllabus : ME|
|GATE IES PSU Topper Notes : ME|
GATE 2017 Mechanical Engineering topic wise exam analysis
The first of the four day computer-based Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017) was conducted successfully today on February 4. The Mechanical Engineering paper was conducted in two sessions from 9am to 12pm, and from 2pm to 5pm. Below is the question paper analysis for session one and two of GATE 2017 by experts from GateForum.
GATE 2017: Question paper analysis for Mechanical Engineering by GateForum
|Section||1 Mark||2 Mark||No.of Ques|
|Strength of Materials||5||4||9|
|Design of Machine Elements||0||1||1|
|Theory of Machines||1||2||3|
Type of questions asked from each section of GATE 2017
|Engineering Mechanics||Kinematics of Rigid Bodies in Plane Motion|
|Strength of Materials||Thin Cylindrical Shells, Principle Stresses and Strains in Plane Stresses, torsion, Axial load, theory of failure|
|Design of Machine Elements||Shafts, Gears and Bearings|
|Theory of Machines||Cam, Gear and Gear trains|
|Vibrations||Forced vibrations, vibration of body|
|Fluid Mechanics||Flow through pipes, Boundary layer theory, fluid kinematics, pump|
|Thermal Sciences||Entropy and availability, second law of thermo dynamics, stoichiometry|
|Heat Transfer||Heat Exchangers, Conduction, Radiation|
|Manufacturing Science||Machining, Engineering materials, welding, lathe and meteorology, casting|
|Industrial Engineering||Production Planning and Control, LPP|
GateForum’s comment on GATE 2017 Mechanical Engineering paper –
- ME paper I had more concept based questions than only formula based questions.
- Compared to last year, Engineering Mechanics weightage has come down while it is increased in Strength of Materials, Thermal Science and Manufacturing Science.
- In remaining topics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee has followed has almost the same weightage compared to last year.
- In general the overall difficulty level of the paper is higher than last year.
GATE 2017 paper analysis for Mechanical Engineering session 2
|Section||1 Mark||2 Mark||No of Ques|
|Strength of Materials||3||2||5|
|Design of Machine Elements||1||3||4|
|Theory of Machines||0||2||2|
Comments on GATE 2017 Mechanical Engineering session 2 by GateForum
- ME paper II had more formula based questions.
- Compared to last year, in Strength of Materials and Thermal Science weightage has come down while it is increased in Vibrations and Fluid Mechanics.
- In remaining topics IIT Roorkee has followed almost the same weightage compared to last year.
- In general the overall difficulty level of the paper is moderate than last year.
Notification Out - PSU Through GATE 2019 - Click On Links
- NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- MDL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- HPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- MAHATRANSCO Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- PSTCL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- NPCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- VIZAG Steel Recruitment Through GATE 2019