To make your preparation facile, I would like to share some tips and strategies to score good marks in ESE (Main) exam:
👉 From the previous year’s cutoffs you can very well understand the growing competition year by year . I would suggest every candidate to prepare entire syllabus , covering each and every topic has now become essential. But yet there is need to focus more on main areas – The areas which are the most repeated or the areas which have more weightage in examination.
👉 Make the list of sample questions for important and repeated areas so that you can revise the frequently asked questions , which will ease your preparation especially in last moment .
👉 There are certain derivations and theory concepts which one cannot avoid. Derivations that were asked repeatedly in past & can be asked again . Give proper attention on such areas as these derivations are direct scoring questions where you can have edge over others .
👉 Theory answers can be written point wise or in bullet form. It will reduce time, however answering pattern will depend on the type of question asked.Free hand sketching and neat diagrams are advisable to complement your answers .
👉 Make a habit of making micro notes . After finishing every subject make micro notes, which have only principal formulae/ diagrams/ concepts of atmost importance, especially note down the area which you find difficult to remember. Then, once this is done, take a snapshot and store in your mobile gallery. These will be your Digital Micro Notes, which can be revised anywhere and everywhere, while travelling also and you can best utilise your free time.
Every day counts.... Don't waste time.... Prepare With Toppers Be a Part of GATE-IES-PSUs 2018-2019 Success Journey
👉 Always do Regular Revision , because the backbone of preparation is revision. The revision for Mains is not mere revising theory and formulae but for Mains you have to solve more numerical questions hence it is advisable to go for revision by solving problems .
👉 Practicing previous 10 to 12 years’ questions of ESE, CSE and IFoS exam will be quite beneficial.
👉 Develop habit of solving unsolved questions from standard text books /previous papers and ensure that you solve till last step by taking care of units and dimensions . Solving questions will also improve your speed and accuracy .
👉For the Answer Writing Part you can adopt following steps .
• Tests are GPS of your preparation .Take tests in real time exam environment and write the answers as if you are writing in final exam QCAB.
• To write efficiently in QCAB ,develop mind mapping habit before answering. Decide in first few minutes which questions are to be answered.Then before starting to write, make a map what steps are to be incorporated in the answer and the sequence of steps required , this will help in eloquent representation.
• Question Cum Answer Booklet ( QCAB) has limited space, so striking off (cutting off ) your answer and writing again may result in wastage of time and space and some time there may not be enough space to re write the answer .
• You need to gauge the number of words required to be written & should be based on marks allotted for the question . Ensure that the answer fits well in the space provided in QCAB.
• Make self assessment and evaluate yourself and improve weak areas, make a note of errors and mistakes and ensure that same are not repeated in next test .
• Always bookmark the questions in which you made mistakes or could not attempt, so that they can be revised before exam.
👉 Always do your best and don’t bother about result . Ensure that your preparation and performance is free from stress and pressure .
Best wishes & Good Luck
(CMD, MADE EASY Group)