Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi invites online applications for admission to M.Tech., M.Pharm. and Ph.D.Programmes for the 2018-19 session. The online portal is available for submission of applications from 10 April 2017.
|Online Application Begins||26 March 2018 (1200 hrs)|
|Online Application concludes||10 April 2018 (1700 hrs)|
Eligibility Criteria & Programmes
- Candidates who possess the requisite qualifications are eligible for admission to postgraduate programmes in the respective Departments/ Schools of the Institute leading to M.Tech./M.Pharm. degree.
- The candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% marks / 6.0 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) in the qualifying degree.
- In addition, they must have qualified in the GATE for M.Tech. Programmes & GPAT for M.Pharm.
Programmes without specializations
Programmes with specializations
|Dept. of Civil Engineering||
|Dept of Mechanical Engineering||
|Dept of Metallurgical Engineering||
|Dept of Mining Engineering||
|Dept of Electrical Engineering||
|Dept of Electronics Engineering||
|Dept of Mechanical Engineering||Industrial Management||B.Tech. or an equivalent degree in any branch of engineering|
|Dept of Electrical Engineering||Systems Engineering||B.Tech. or an equivalent degree in any branch of engineering|
|School of Materials Science & Technology||Materials Science & Technology||
|School of Biochemical Engineering||Biochemical Engineering||
|School of Biomedical Engineering||Biomedical Engineering||
PhD in Engineering
- Master’s degree in engineering in the discipline or in an allied discipline/area must have a minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the master’s degree level or
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in the discipline concerned or in an allied discipline/area must have a minimum of 75% marks or 7.5 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the bachelor’s degree level.
- Applicants with master’s degree in science as an allied discipline/area (where science is an allied discipline/area), must satisfy each of the following criteria:
- A minimum of 65% marks or 6.5 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the master’s degree level,
- A minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the bachelor’s degree level.
|Dept of Ceramic Engineering||Ceramic Engineering|
|Department of Chemical Engineering & Technology||Chemical Engineering|
|Department of Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Department of Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering|
|Department of Electronics Engineering||Electronics Engineering|
|Department of Humanistic Studies||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering|
|Department of Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering|
|Department of Mining Engineering||Mining Engineering|
|Department of Physics||Physics|
|Department of Chemistry||Chemistry|
|Department of Mathematical Sciences||Mathematical Sciences|
|School of Biochemical Engineering||Biochemical Engineering|
|School of Biomedical Engineering||Biomedical Engineering|
|School of Materials Science & Technology||Materials Science & Technology|
M.Tech /M.Pharm Programmes
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of GATE/GPAT Score, and above the qualifying pass mark may be selected for M.Tech./M.Pharm. programmes either on the basis of their
- GATE/GPAT score or
- Written test or Interview or
- On the basis of any combination of these as declared by the individual department/school.
- Admission to PhD programmes will be based on written test and interview of the candidates shortlisted by the Department/School concerned.
- The following category of applicants shall be exempted from appearing in the written test:
- External Registration Category: A candidate working in an external R&D organization or in an industry recognized by the Institute.
- Sponsored Category: A candidate who is sponsored by a teaching institution and must have been in service of the sponsoring institution for at least two years at the time of admission.
- Part-time Category: Permanent staff and faculty members of the Institute as well as Research Assistants/JRFs/SRFs working in an externally funded research project running in the Institute provided such projects must not have less than one year tenure left on the date of registration in the Programme.
- Outstanding candidates from Premier Institution:
Instruction for Online Application
Step 1.Register into the portal
Step 3. Select the programme
Step 4. Upload your photograph and signature
Step 5. Pay online the application processing fee – Click here to view a sample fee submission form format
Step 6. Select the Programme, Department/School, Discipline/Specialization(s)
Step 7. Fill in the qualifying entrance exam details
Step 8. Fill in the academic information
Step 9. Fill in the work experience
Step 10. Fill in the publication details
Step 11. Fill in the referees details
Step 12. Self Declaration
Step 13. Save, View, Lock/Submit and Download the application form (PDF)
For IIT BHU Official Website, click here