National Institute of Industrial Engineering i.e NITIE has announced the admission calendar for the year 2018. Students are requested to read the full post and share after reading.
NITIE Mumbai run three Post Graduate Diploma courses for Engineers in which admission is based on GATE score plus GD/PI. It is one of the best’s institutions for pursuing PG in the field of Industrial Engineering. On the Basis of average package placement of this institute is even better than IIT’s. NITIE Admission 2018 application procedure will start from 12/02/2018.
NITIE Mumbai have three diploma courses:
- PGDIE: Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (126 Seats)
- PGDMM: Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (40 Seats)
- PGDPM: Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (40 Seats)
NITIE Admission Eligibility
The Candidates must have aggregate 60% marks (relaxable by 5% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) in Engineering / Technology graduation and a valid GATE score as on June 15, 2018. As per Govt. of India rules, reservation of seats exists for SC/ST/OBC-NC (Non-Creamy) and PwD candidates. Programme-wise graduation level eligibility is as follows:
- For PGDIE programme applicant with any branch in Engineering/ Technology can apply.
- For PGDMM programme candidates with following engineering disciplines can apply- Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Chemical, Textile, Electrical, Electronics and other relevant branches such as Industrial engineering, Instrumentation and Industrial electronics.
- For PGDPM programme candidates with following engineering disciplines can apply- Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Chemical, Civil, Textile, Electrical, Electronics and other relevant branches such as Industrial engineering, Instrumentation and Industrial electronics
Students in the final year of graduation can also apply subject to the following conditions:
- Provided they qualify the above requisite criteria at the time of application.
- Complete their examination, viva voce etc, by the time of joining the Institute.
- Submit the final year mark-sheet and provisional certificate, latest by September 2018.
Applicants should take the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by the IITs in order to apply for the programmes.
NITIE Admission Application Process
The application process is common to all PGDIE/PGDMM/PGDPM programme. Candidate can apply for more than one Programme. If applying for more than one programme, candidate needs to give his/her preferences and pay the applicable application fees. The eligible candidates should apply through ONLINE mode only and register themselves on the admissions portal.
Application Fee for each programme is Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) for applicants from India and SAARC countries and USD 50 for International students, plus bank charges as applicable. Online Application Fee for admission process is non-refundable. This fee can be paid through payment gateway.
Shortlists for GD and PI Process
Candidates satisfying below requirements shall only be considered for short listing:
- Who have applied to the Programme and paid the prescribed registration fee within the time specified, and
- Who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria, and
- Who have a valid GATE score (Valid GRE Score for International Candidates)
Shortlisted candidates are called to the institute campus for the GD and PI process.
Final Merit List
Merit List is based on a composite score which takes into account the candidates academic records, GATE score, relevant work experience (if any) and performance in the GD and PI process.
NITIE Admission Fees Detail
|Sr. No.||Fees Nomenclature||PGDIE/PGDMM/PGDPM|
|First Year(INR)||Second Year(INR)|
|III||Student welfare and Alumni activities charges||33,000||33,000|
* SC/ST candidates, whose annual family income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs, are exempted from payment of Academic charges but such candidates shall have to pay all other charges and deposits.
NITIE Admission Important Date:
|Online Application Begins||February 12, 2018|
|Online Application Closes||March 28, 2018 (17:00 Hrs)|
|Group Discussion/Personal Interview||24, 25 and 26 April, 2018 (Tentative)|
|Course Begins||June 2018|